300 NORTH BROADWAY, CLARKDALE, AZ 86324
A Train for All Seasons
Nestled in the heart of the Verde Valley, Verde Canyon Railroad is ideally situated above the heat of the desert and below the cold of Arizona’s high country.
What you can expect on every trip!
- Spectacular geology and remnants of mining history
- Sinagua Indian ruins dating back to 600 B.C.
- A lively river habitat, the lifeline to a variety of wildlife and waterfowl
- Unique railroad structures including the S.O.B. and steel Perkinsville bridges
- A 680-foot manmade tunnel where daylight disappears
- Untouched, unspoiled, and only accessible by rail…a magnificent journey through every season
Liberty Wildlife Educational Opportunities Year-round
By partnering with Liberty Wildlife, Verde Canyon Railroad provides visitors the opportunity to see wild raptors at the depot and onboard the train.
Raptors at the Depot and Raptors on the Rails
On select dates year-round, visitors from Liberty Wildlife will share educational presentations with railroad guests. Once a month a program takes place on the depot patio from 11:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., prior to the train’s departure. Raptor handlers will answer questions and pose for photos with rescued raptors during educational presentations on the patio.
On select Saturdays once per month, a majestic bald eagle spreads her wings onboard this wilderness train ride, as Sonora, the only train-riding bald eagle in the world, enjoys her day aboard Verde Canyon Railroad, visiting each car during the four-hour journey.